Try this delicious ESTHER'S EGGY TOFU SCRAMBLE recipe courtesy of Chef Linda of Esther's Kitchen!
What condiment would you put on this breakfast sandwich? Lightlife Smart Bacon is featured today. It’s tasty! To make this sandwich, fry the meatless bacon per package directions; set aside. Add additional non-dairy butter to the pan and prepare the tofu scramble. Place the fried bacon on a sub roll or bread, add the bacon, tofu scramble and cheeze. Pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheeze.
Esther Approved Breakfast, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Contains Soy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
Author: Chef Linda | Esther’s Kitchen
• 14 oz/397g package organic firm tofu, drained
• 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
• 1-1/2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning (Frontier Co-op Organic Adobo Seasoning-Authentic Garlic & Pepper Blend was used)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 Tablespoon dairy-free butter
• 2 Tablespoons warm water
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
•1/4-1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak salt
1. Break up the tofu in chunks with your fingers and add it to a glass mixing bowl. Add the nutritional yeast, Adobo seasoning and ground turmeric. Gently stir with a silicone spatula.
2. Heat a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Melt the 1 Tablespoon of dairy-free butter in the pan. Add the tofu and 2 Tablespoons of warm water. The tofu will be runny in the beginning. The water will evaporate as it cooks. Sauté the tofu scramble on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
3. Serve the tofu scramble with additional salt and pepper. For an eggy flavor, add Kala Namak salt at serving time.
4. The cooked tofu scramble can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 days.