Try this delicious ESTHER'S DEVILED TATERS recipe courtesy of Chef Linda of Esther's Kitchen!
Esther’s Deviled Taters taste amazing! The combination of tangy yellow mustard, egg-free mayo and sulphuric Kala Namak black salt make the filling taste like deviled egg filling! The aroma of these deviled taters are just like deviled eggs. A health benefit of an Esther Approved lifestyle is Esther's Deviled Taters are cholesterol free! Give this recipe a try for a snack or delicious appetizer for your next party. This recipe can be easily doubled. Enjoy!
Esther Approved, Appetizer, Gluten-free if using Glute-free egg-free mayo
20 minutes Serves: 12 deviled potatoes
Chef Linda | Esther’s Kitchen
6 baby yellow or red potatoes (approx. 1-1/2"-2" or 4-5cm round), sliced in half 1/3 cup eggless mayo (75ml) 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (10ml) 1/2 teaspoon kala namak salt, plus more for serving (2ml) 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper (.5ml) 1 Tablespoon snipped chives, chopped parsley or cilantro (15ml) Sweet or Hot paprika for garnish to taste.
1. Place the potato halves in a steamer and steam them until they are fork tender.
2. While the potatoes are steaming, combine the egg-free mayo, yellow mustard, kala namak salt and black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside.
3. Allow the potatoes to cool down before handling. Blot the water off of the steamed potato halves with a towel. Scoop out the cooked potato out of each potato. Leave enough potato attached to the skin so the potato cavity base remains intact. You will be filling the cavity with the finished mixture. Place the scooped potatoes in a small mixing bowl and mash the potatoes with a hand masher. Stir the mashed potatoes into the mayo mixture for 1 minute. The mixture will become starchy and resemble a soft dough ball.
4. Place the filling in a piping bag with a star tip or snip off a 1/2" corner of a freezer bag. Pipe the filling into each potato cavity.
5. Sprinkle sweet or hot paprika onto each deviled potato. Sprinkle chopped cilantro, parsley or snipped chives onto each deviled potato.
6. Serve the deviled potatoes warm or cold. The deviled potatoes can be made a day in advance without the paprika and herb garnish. Add the paprika, herb garnish and additional kala namak salt before serving.