Try this delicious CHICKPEA OMELETTE recipe courtesy of Chef Linda of Esther's Kitchen!
Try our easy and delicious Chickpea Omelettes with Arugula, Mushrooms, Shallots and Cheddar Cheeze for a weekend brunch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 2 omelettes
Author: Chef Linda | Esther's Kitchen
Chickpea Omelette Ingredients:
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon Kala Namak salt or sea salt
- Dash of ground Black pepper
- Dash ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil, plus more for cooking omelettes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 5 medium (1 cup) size white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 handfuls arugula or baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons water
- Non-dairy cheeze shreds, to taste
Veggie Filling Preparation:
1. Whisk the omelette ingredients, except the olive oil, in a mixing bowl until smooth. Set aside while the veggies are sautéing.
2. Heat the 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots for 1 minute. Stir in the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the arugula and 2 teaspoons water. Sauté the arugula until it begins to wilt. Remove the pan from the burner and place the lid on the pan to keep the veggie filling warm.
Chickpea Omelette Preparation:
1. In a separate nonstick sauté pan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. The pan must be hot before you add the batter. Pour 1/2 of the batter in the center of the pan. Spread and thin out the batter slightly with a silicone spatula. Cook the first side for 3 minutes. Lightly drizzle additional olive oil on top of the omelette. Flip the omelette over and sauté for 3 minutes. Transfer this omelette to a plate and keep warm.
2. Drizzle additional olive oil in the pan for the next omelette. Repeat this process with the remaining 1/2 of the batter. Once the second side is cooked, divide the filling in 1/2 onto 1/2 of this omelette. Add the nondairy cheeze shreds. Fold the omelette in half over the filling.
3. Add the other cooked omelette to this same pan. Add the filling and nondairy cheeze. Fold the omelette in half over the filling. Cook the omelettes over medium heat until the cheeze begins to melt. Serve
Footnote: the avocado toast in the background is topped with sliced tomatoes and Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame seasoning blend.