Enjoy deviled eggs again with our Esther Approved, Eggless and Vegan recipe. Wow your friends and family with these Deviled Eggz. The Kala Namak salt can smell intense, just like deviled eggs. It’s potency will go away if it’s added while cooking, so add it in last to both the egg whites and egg yolks.
This recipe was developed to yield more egg yolk to guarantee you have enough. Do a practice run of piping a few mini mounds to get your strength and momentum established with the piping bag. The extra egg yolk filling can be used to fill the cavities of celery, on top of sliced cucumbers, veggies, toasts, mini egg style tea sandwiches and more. Vintage deviled egg platters and woodland pottery animals can be sources at thrift stores and online. Egg molds can be found at baking supply stores and online.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Linda of Esther's Kitchen!
Cuisine: Esther Approved, Vegan, Eggless, Gluten-free, Contains nuts
Yields: 2 dozen
Prep + Refrigeration Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Author: Chef Linda | Esther's Kitchen
Egg White Ingredients:
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon tapioca flour
6 teaspoons agar agar flakes
1/2 tsp kala namak salt
Egg White Preparation:
1. Whisk the almond milk, tapioca flour, and agar agar flakes in a small pot. Whisk constantly while you bring the pot to a boil. The liquid will foam and rise up the pot once it reaches the boil stage. Turn off the heat. Whisk in the kala namak salt and pour the mixture into a measuring cup that has a spout for easier pouring.
2. Fill 24 egg molds. If you only have 12 egg molds, fill and leave the remaining liquid egg whites in the measuring cup on the counter. Refrigerate the eggs in the first mold for 35 minutes.
3. Remove the first 12 egg whites and transfer onto a deviled egg platter. Whisk the remaining liquid egg whites and pour into the same mold. Refrigerate for 35 minutes again and release into a second deviled egg platter.
4. Prepare the yellow egg yolk filling while the egg whites refrigerate.
Yellow Egg Yolk Filling Ingredients:
* lb small yellow potatoes, peeled, sliced in half, and boiled until tender, drained
2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons eggless mayo
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon kala namak salt, plus more for serving
1 Tablespoon snipped chives, chopped parsley, cilantro, chia caviar, sweet or hot paprika for garnish to taste.
Egg Yolk Preparation:
1. Add the potatoes, mayo, mustard, turmeric and almond milk in a mixing bowl. Combine with an electrician mixer until smooth. Add the kala namak salt.
2. Scoop the egg yolk mixture and transfer in a piping bag fit with a star tip.
3. Practice piping out a few yolks on a plate until you get your momentum. Whatever pattern you do to the first egg, repeat that technique. Blot the tops of the egg whites with a paper towel so the egg yolk doesnt slide off. You can scoop out a little of the center with a melon baller if desired. Begin piping the egg yolk filling onto each egg white. You can cover the whole surface too. These are your Deviled Eggz.
4. Sprinkle paprika, chia caviar, chives, cilantro or parsley. Keep your Deviled Eggs refrigerated up to 1 day.